Friday, March 12, 2010


This week it was the turn of Dumfries Infirmary for my Monday visit; blood test and check-up. The only slight problem with the appointment was that it was at 2 pm; the very time that my body usually has a shut down that only an hour or two asleep in bed seems to sort out. However, a couple of wee power naps got me through the rest of the afternoon which was rather long and drawn out.

Tuesday morning was my time for the swine flu injection (part one) - that should give my newly emerging immune system something to think about ! Christine had quite a sore arm for a couple of days when she had the vaccine in the autumn but it didn’t cause me any problems, however I was feeling like quite a hypochondriac the remainder of the day and took things very gently. Putting my feet up suited my furry friend perfectly.

March has begun like a lamb this year instead of the usual lion; quite settled weather with very little wind. Wednesday’s sunset was glorious and well worth the walk up the edge of Moyle Hill. The trees just glowed.

The following day I risked a gentle mountain bike expedition to the Muckle above the village to meet up with Allie and Christine who were doing a much bigger loop on their bikes. The tide was well out, beyond Rough Island, and the play of light in the estuary was impressive.

2 comments:

  1. Hmmm, 'gentle' and 'mountainbike'sound like an oxymoron to me.......

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy cat and uppy feet (great combination!).
    Appointments and checkups still tedious, I'm sure, but less frequent.(excellent progress)

    So glad you are up to mountain biking - never achieved any enthusiasm for this (bit of a woose, really - I couldn't picture myself going fast downhill, without the crowning glory of wrapping myself round something big, hard and nasty!!)
    but I do love the pics of natural colours and scenery, and can almost smell the sea from here. :-}

    ReplyDelete