Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year (T.71)

I've been home 4 weeks now but at the slightest rise in temperature I'll be readmitted. I'm stuffed with every kind of pill morning and night. Anti-viral, Anti-fungial, Anti-biotic, Anti-rejection. It is just over 70 days now since the transplant and after day 100 they may start to reduce the anti-rejection dosage; that's when we've got to keep our fingers crossed that there are no major problems with Graft vs Host Disease. The donor match was a good one which should help reduce the chances of problems.

Meanwhile I've just got to avoid picking up any infections that could blow me away; hence Christmas has been a fairly quiet affair and the beginning of the New Year been the same. Externally I look in good health and it is difficult for visitors to appreciate what a delicate balancing act is going on internally. I still need a considerable amount of rest to allow for these internal repairs to continue uninterrupted. There is very little sign of the hair on my head growing yet but there is a weeks worth of stubble on my chin so something is kicking back into life. Compared with other transplant patients that I see or hear about, things for me are going very well so far.

2 comments:

  1. Lookin' good, Rodger. You're fitter than I am! Christine's cable is in the post.
    Like the veggie book v much. I photocopied a couple of recipies, then decided to order a couple of Sarah's books from Amazon. (welcome to peruse once they arrive!)

    Day 100 is not very far away!

    see you again soon
    lol Andy and Vanessa XX

    ReplyDelete