Saturday, December 12, 2009

I have been home now for a whole week and am beginning to relax a little, instead of worrying about being whisked away back to hospital. It is now 51 days since the transplant and my 100 day target is suddenly looking closer. There is not much flesh on my bones just now; I only weigh 8 3/4 stones (56 kg) so I need to work on muscle regeneration. This is the perfect excuse to slip out of the house and up the lane into the forest. The weather over midday yesterday, and again today, has been perfect; clear skies and hard frost with grasses jewelled in the low sun. I just had to take a camera with me when I set off to stretch my legs and, when Christine saw what I was up to, she turned a key in the Pottery Showroom and hurried to catch me up. We are so fortunate to have such a fantastic walk on our doorstep. It’s almost exactly a mile to walk up the hill to the ‘Summer Seat’ but well worth the view. Enjoy.





5 comments:

  1. Beautiful, Rodger! And great news :)

    Love Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous colours.
    Happy anniversary (1 week!)
    Clearly you're on the way back up and we're really chuffed for you.
    Fantastic photos, as usual. Must have a go at this walk, looks like a stunning view at the summer seat top.
    I just love it when nature sprinkles the finest of glitter on all manmade tarmac, readways and paths.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent, what fabulous days indeed. Just the ticket.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now see, I hate winter, and cold. But, you do make it look lovely from your perspective.

    I'm glad to see you are out and about!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great to hear that you are on the road to recovery. Love philip

    ReplyDelete