Monday, October 19, 2009


Captain Campath’s final day really ‘Bagged’ me. Incapable of creative thought all evening; just lay in bed with my life line, the iBook, and streamed Mozart into my head through stereo headphones.

The final obs. last night were done at twenty min. to midnight and first today were at ten to six; one snatches sleep when one can and strings lucid thoughts together as brain and body allow. The band when that is possible is ever narrowing; sometimes it’s four am.

The feeling of nausea was quite strong at 5 pm., which is dinner time here, and I did not feel like eating. Waves of hotness flowed through me and with my eyelids closed it was as if someone was turning the dimmer switch up and down in my room. Several times I opened my eyes to see if there was some sort of power surge happening to the electricity supply.





I haven’t mentioned the food before and I don’t think it will get mentioned again.

We are all - patients and nurses - on the ‘Glasgow’ diet plan.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Rodger, sounds like a whopping hangover to me! Signed on with a picture of the happiest bug I could find, to help in your quest to save Planet Rodg. Can round up an army of 'em if you need them. (I believe they have taken over Vodaphone temporarily for a Samba Carnival)
    We'll know you have truly changed allegience to Glaswegian, when this Curly Wurly has been battered and deep fried!
    love and hugs VJ XX
    lol Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bless you, you made me laugh out loud about the Glasgow diet plan!

    You are a hero. And you've got a growing band of supporters rooting for you!

    Love Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keep hanging in there Rodger, not far to go now till you are on the way up again. Just finished my chocolate pancake, but could still eat all your Curly Wurlies!

    Love Philip & Chris

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rodger! It's me Hannah - standing shoulder to shoulder with your other followers, mate.
    It's a privilege to be allowed to share this journey and to witness your inspirational good humour. Thank you.
    Love from us in Bath

    ReplyDelete