Thursday, November 12, 2009


Today a possible return home date was mentioned for the first time -next Tuesday ! (if all remains well). Five days from now, maybe; if we can keep the temperature low and stable over that period. Fingers crossed for that one.

The rest of the day has felt like steady progress; I think Christine managed to inject a bit more of a spring in my step on her visit yesterday. And the blood counts have continued to make steady progress over the last three days. The haemoglobin holding steady at about 94 while the white count has shown small but steady progress moving from 1.63 to 1.70 of which the neutrophils moved from 1.47 to 1.52. Finally platelets have held steady at about 25 which has not been much of a fall away since the last transfusion, when they were 30. But still well short of a nice safe 80.

My adventure for the day consisted of an expedition to the ‘Friends of the Beatson’ for a repeat of yesterday’s delicious cup of Coffee Latte. I also went with my Mac iBook under my arm hoping to do a USB connection to a printer. However the place is run by a bunch of non tech women who have to call engineers out for all their PC machines. They were too nervy to let me start touching any wires what so ever, so I had to beat a hasty retreat; defeated I’m afraid. Pity they don’t just have a spare printer. I have so many fragments and ideas written out on the lap top it would have been nice to have them out in the real world to peruse at leisure.






6 comments:

  1. So you'll soon be free as a dove?

    Sounds good!

    Love Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're all crossing our fingers too: here's to Tuesday!

    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great to hear that we may see you soon Captain. Lets hope you have really turned the corner.

    Love Philip

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Rodger, hearing a new forward plan in your "text voice" tonight.
    This hospital stuff is pretty much behind you, and the future is a long untrodden road ahead.

    Pick up your rucksack and go for it!!!

    When I grow up (around another 40 years), I hope to be a friends of Beatson lady, and wear purple!
    Will have no idea about holographic virtual CGG (computer generated graphics), but will be confident I'm right. Protecting the computer will be paramount!

    I know (and you know) you can hang onto your fragments for a few more days............ Once you're home you can write whatever comes "up your humph".

    Nearly there Smiffies!

    ReplyDelete
  5. exciting news Rodger and Christine. Lots of Love from mary and laird

    ReplyDelete