Friday, November 13, 2009


Expedition number three to the ‘Friends’ proved interesting yet again. The coffee was equally good (tea still isn’t hitting the mark). This time I took a novel over with me and sat in the sun until I cooked and had to move to the shade. Not an option back in my own room.
When ‘Sue’(I think that was her name) came to take away my empty cup and half nibbled Kit-kat she struck up conversation. How far away I lived, occupation etc. ? Soon I discovered that Sue was a Royal Academy of Music violin graduate from here in Glasgow and had been taught by Hester Dixon, Christine’s Aunt on her father’s side.
Sue was now heavily involved in running the ‘Friends’ and with hypnotherapy for musicians as well as cancer patients. Hypnotherapy is not something I have ever experienced first hand and was keen to learn more. She was dismissive of the Derren Brown TV, ‘snap-of-the-fingers-and-gone’ type nonsense. But I may get to learn a little more depending on just how long I remain here next week. My Goodness it could get so interesting I might look forward to staying an extra day or so ! There’s positive reverse thinking for you ! The latest ‘maybe home’ date from a different, more senior doctor is next Wednesday; so still the illusive 5 day gap remains.

4 comments:

  1. Not only aunt, but godmother and namesake!

    Possibly not worth hanging around just for the hypnotherapy, but an interesting consolation prize if the 5 day gap continues to resist shrinkage.

    Oh, and a piece of Dada you've got there :)

    Duchamp would proud.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rodger, what a lovely piece of fate. Bet you're really looking forward to tomorrow's kitkat now!
    As you know I have been addicted to Nicotine (chewing gum) for teens of years. I went to a hypnotherist 2 weeks ago, and haven't touched a piece of the stuff since. I have now been nicotine free for 2 weeks! Felt aware all through the session.
    Not saying I don't think about nicotine gum a lot and subconciously rummage in my bag or open the cupboard looking for it, but I have had much more resilience, and self belief about giving up than I think I would have without hypnotherapy. Definately worked for me. (I also think the £85 price tag for the session added an incentive for me to do without something!)
    I think hypnotheraphy is another way to tap into your mind and body's resources, with someone else's guidance.
    Think this sounds like a great way of making the most of your hidden talents.

    V pleased you're feeling up to walking, reading coffee and kit kat's.
    vjXX

    ReplyDelete
  3. Duchamp schuchamp - they're wee wee bottles! I'm getting really desperate for that £5 now...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, that £5 would have been mine if the captcha hadn't eaten my pronouns.

    Bah.

    ReplyDelete