Sunday, November 8, 2009

Did I really say: ‘and nothing happened’ yesterday ? I had barely published the blog when my temperature crossed the 38 centigrade ‘thin red line’ on two consecutive tests. That meant mobilising the emergency rescue plan. Another platelet transfusion plus two broad spectrum antibiotics to be administered every 6 hours; Piperacillin - Tazobactam and Gentamycin. They will continue for the next 4-5 days to see if they can head off what ever the problem is. Oh goodie ! Watch this space for more crazy antics in the life of Rodg. It is very humbling to consider how many people are devoting bits of their life to keeping me alive just now. I feel a great weight of responsibility to lead a life that reflects this when I eventually emerge on the other side.

5 comments:

  1. Yikes!

    And how are you actually feeling?

    And how is the beard?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oopsie! Not part of the plan to poach oneself at 38 degrees! (more iceflows needed?)

    On the "up" side..........you're going to be able to spell Mississippi (or other biggies) on tomorrow's weetabix!

    Sorry you're having this wee setback, but hope you're not feeling unwell with this one. V glad they're keeping a close eye on you.
    Big hugs vj & family XXXX

    ReplyDelete
  3. are you frying tonight????
    hope temp is down and antibiotics battling on your behalf
    loved your description of the Xray trip
    stay in the unit, put your feeties up and let the French babies grow, multiply and start their thing!! locve C -from sunny warm California!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wonder if that trip to the XR had anything to do with the temperature going up? Does your consultant know that you had to wait for so long for the porter? That story made me a little mad on your behalf. Hope you are feeling cooler now. Love Mary

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Rodger - Caught up with Christine today - brilliant idea to keep a blog (most folks I know do one for their holidays - okay yours is different!). Caitlin & Truffles send meaows and I my delight to know all is well. Magic happens.

    ReplyDelete