Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Day 12


Maybe burning the midnight oil last night wasn’t such a good idea. I’ve been playing catch up all day. But it was great to have a brain for a couple of hours yesterday evening. I’m carrying a lot of onboard fluid at the moment - my legs look like tree trunks, with podgy toes sticking out the bottom. A good excuse to sit with my feet up and snooze.

The Neutrofil count was up again to 0.90, and platelets continue to go up. Definitely the first green shoots of recovery. I was allowed ‘out’ and took a brief trip through the airlock across the corridor to have a peep at the room where Christine has been staying for the past two weeks. She has a fantastic roofscape view. The trees are nearly bare, three weeks of leaf fall since I last saw them.

4 comments:

  1. Fantastic! I just did a literature search for the effects of chemo-induced neutropenia, and, interestingly, the most reported symptom seemed to be "fatigue", even in afebrile neutropenia.

    So those babies do more than just keep bugs at bay, as you've often noted.

    Go babes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the long hair and pose on the bed!!
    Greetings from the other side of the pond -I got into California safely and on time -the sun is shining -de birdies are singing -and I am recovering from 25 hours of being awake!!
    Great news on the count levels Rodg - and travelling across the ward -must have been lovely just to get out of your room -alas I know the feelng of both ends requiring attention -horrible and a very interesting dilemma -especially in a portocabin loo - an experience not to berecommended
    hope the nausea really settles down and then you will feel much more like you -lots of love to you and your secretary -I hope you are paying her a regal wage?!!!! Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just cannot imagine you podgy, Rodgy!

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. They let you out! Heavens, whatever next? I like the numbers steadily climbing, we are cheering them on. We were thinking of you in sunny Barcelona, your card might get there at some point in the next 23 weeks, hopefully you'll be back here before it gets to you.
    x

    ReplyDelete