Friday, November 6, 2009

Todays breakfast was quite bland compared with yesterday’s. The coloured stuff arrived much later....




....I stared at them and wondered if they were trying to tell me something

Another two bags of blood, late yesterday evening, has put a spring in my step today, lets hope it contunues. It was interesting to learn that from now on all blood that I recieve will be O+ve; All my life up to now I have been B+ve. So for quite a while to come I am going to have these two types swirling around together until the O+ve becomes the dominant at some unknown point in the future. Vive La France !

Christine has been very impatient regarding the falling out of all my hair. Today I was able to text her and say my beard is coming out in tuffts this morning. At last she’ll get to see this strange, other person she unknowingly married. I think you may have to wait a few days yet before you get to see a photo.

ps. Never heard a bang or saw a flash last night; only the faint hint of wood smoke coming in the air system. A strange bonfire night.

6 comments:

  1. I was almost starting to worry about your beard still being in place! Maybe they didn't do something right or something....

    But very odd to try to imagine a beardless Rodger.

    Interesting about the blood group.

    And very glad to know you are feeling a bit better again!

    Those pills are certainly quite an eyeful.

    Love Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! We picked up on the 0+ve blood on your blog post on day 8! (see comment if you don't believe it.. ;-)

    http://tinyurl.com/y9dbxhy

    I claim my second £5.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well SKA you were right -I saw the O on the label and did wonder.........
    but Rodger.. as O is the universal donor type you are OK - so the Frenchies will change your blood type as they grow -that is very interesting -does that mean you will grow a beret on your head too -and speak with a french accent??
    When I was in hospital last year I got three fireworks shows as I was moved to different rooms - shame you missed a visual or olfactory experience. I shall look forward to photo of you as a beardless wonder -I'll bet you are even more handsome :) Hope the nausea stops soon - love Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Rodger, been checking in each day, but keep having interruptions (quite nice ones, but distracting!)
    Interesting rainbow diet now - I don't suppose you could deep fry them in batter!

    What a transformation you're going through. Hope you don't lose your fingerprints. We do want the real Rodger back!
    My aunt's hair is now about 1 1/2 inches(6 or so inches before chemo) and she's been told not to dye it for a while. Just thought I'd mention that, in case you were planning to dye your beard, when you get it back!
    You can have fireworks at New Year too! Don't think of missing out on things, just postponing them a wee bit.
    lol vj XX

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great to hear that you are feeling better today Rodger. Hope tomorrow is good too.

    Love Philip & Chris

    ReplyDelete
  6. Is the o+ switch because your donor was o+ Rodger? How amazing that your body can go through all that, and switch blood types too!

    You're amazing, I love your good humour in spite of the onslaught you're going through, and fighting spirit! Z xxx

    ReplyDelete