Sunday, November 22, 2009


This is a photo of my little blue robot to which I have been permanently tethered for the past few days. Everywhere I go, it comes too; even in the shower (well almost). If I need to take a walk to stretch my legs I have to push the blue robot along beside me. It does feel like a bit of a restriction, but the nurses have given me no choice in the matter. Besides it is only for another 24 hours and then I will be discharged from the Infirmary and be driven up to Glasgow for the first of my regular Monday morning clincs. Hopefully after that I will be returning home once more; but for how long, this next time, is anybody’s guess.

5 comments:

  1. Hello Roger - Can you make phone calls, order food or contact outer space from the keypad...? Caitlin and Truffs very jealous to see the stove heating up Exta. We've been out making moats to channel the water away - rather I've been in touch with my inner child - all I need is a paper boat or one of those flashing plactic ducks to complete the picture of sillyness! Its so good to know you are nearer home. Bye for now and Namaste. Marion

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a very handsome robot.

    Best of luck tomorrow :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that there are some days that you just have to 'switch off ' to everything. But it sounds that you have your spunky fighting spirit back today and good for you . We are thinking of you. Love Mary and Laird

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wee robots are good (less jabs in the bum!)
    Glad you're on track for an early release for good behaviour!
    Lovely to see you yesterday. Considering, and in spite of, everything you've had thrown at you....sort of amazing really, but you just look like............................. Roger!
    Sleep well tonight, n kiss plastic mattress protectors n polestyrene pillows goodbye tomorrow am.
    Going to Cheshire tomorrow until Wednesday night, so will be offline I think. Will catch up Wed or Thurs.
    lol to you both, VJ&Andy XX

    ReplyDelete
  5. BUMMER DUDE...
    That is American speak for 'this sucks'
    sorry to hear about your set back - hope things settle down and the Beatson decides to toss you back home
    Love n hugs and lots of good wishes for swift recovery -enough of hospitals eh?!! Carolyn from the sunny west coast of USA

    ReplyDelete