Wednesday, November 25, 2009


Today I had a visitor. Grandfather travelled all the way up from Kelso in the wind and the rain to see me. He is so very good at having a chat and came with an M & S raspberry jelly in time for lunch.

After my usual afternoon snooze, Dr. Travers came in to take a skin biopsy. This consisted of cutting away a small piece from my stomach area followed by one stitch. The idea is to check for any signs of Graft vs Host Disease, which apparently can cause temperature spikes amongst other things. I was also switched to a different antibiotic at lunch time so I am hopeful that at last we may see my temperature coming down and I might regain a bit of brain power and a bit more ‘get-up-and -go’ physical strength. I really am struggling at the moment.

ps. yet another blood transfusion this evening, so that should be giving things a lift by tomorrow.

4 comments:

  1. Now there's a visitor that would always make you smile.
    You'll be glad you're out of this weather and safe in there.
    best wishes,
    h
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely photo!

    Anyway, sounds like you are getting quite a cocktail of good things. Let's hope you feel better before too long.

    Love Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your first post that's made me feel squeamish.... just the thought of eating jelly! Uch ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely photo of Aidai, wish I could fly in for a quick visit. Love Mary

    ReplyDelete