Thursday, November 26, 2009

Temperature was still up in the middle of the night, despite change of antibiotic. I think the doctors are beginning to think more of GvHD as the likely cause, and may switch to use of steroids to combat it. However today’s wee adventure is to go for a CT. Scan yet again. So I have not been allowed any breakfast and have had to drink a foul tasting liquid trace at 6 am and again at 9 am. Now it’s a matter of waiting to see whether the porter is a friendly one or not.

Now it’s midday and I have just heard that the scan is to take place between 1 - 2 pm, which means no lunch as well as no breakfast. Not even allowed a glass of water, which seems ridiculous when I am fevered.

Well the scan eventually took place at 2.40 pm (friendly porter by the way); the ‘wee adventure’ has ended up dominating the day. When I got back an hour later I was offered soup and a sandwich; which I promptly vomited back up, so I am still running on empty. I am not having a good day. The view out of the window has been the best thing about today and that’s not saying a great deal.

4 comments: