Friday, November 20, 2009

I headed off to bed quite early last night but never got to sleep in it ! It is now 8.50 am in the morning and I am writing this from ward 7 of Dumfries & Galloway Royal Infirmary !

My strict instructions from Glasgow on discharge were to take my temperature at least twice a day and phone them if it went above 37.5 oC. Unfortunately last night it went up, and then carried on going up, so the emergency plan had to be rolled out. Christine drove me in through lashing rain, wind and floods at midnight. It was 3 am before the antibiotics were eventually given to me; and a second batch has just gone in to my arm. What a lark ! The joys of being in such a delicate state of health. Perhaps Glasgow discharged me a little prematurely but at least this is a change of scene.

I reckon I will be transferred to ward 10, haematology, later today. Not sure how long I’ll be here yet - could be 5 or 6 days at a guess.

5 comments:

  1. At least you escaped the old ward for a bit! Hang in there and remember that there are those wishing you well from all over. You just rest, get gentle exercise when you can, and keep us posted.

    Many hugs to you and Christine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know you did not have much of a choice, but what a brave thing Christine did to drive you to Dumfries on a night with the biggest rainfall on record with bridges down and 8 feet of water in some Cumbrain towns. Makes my hair stand on end! What an epic. Let's not have any more of those.

    Love Philip

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here's a picture of what was happening in Dumfries as you drove through it -

    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/south_of_scotland/8370343.stm

    Love Philip

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh knickers, this was not in the plan at all. However, you're now just 6 minutes away. which ward are you in? Will bring you a deep fried Curly Wurly (just kidding!)
    Sorry your home stay was so short, but all things which itch, don't really fit, sting a bit generally annoy are probably "in your best interest!
    big hugs
    Andy and Vanessa & family XXXX

    ReplyDelete
  5. ps, just re-read blog - ward 7 / 10.
    Will put out an APB if they can't tell us which!
    U need anything? let us know.
    Are you allowed visitors? Let us know, if so, Andy and I will see you tomorrow.
    (if we haven't heard, we'll come up and pull faces through the glass, anyway!)
    lol VJ XX

    ReplyDelete