Monday, November 16, 2009


I am beginning to get excited at the thought of leaving Ward B8 and heading for home. I know that there will still be a long road to recovery when I get home. Everyone keeps saying try not to run before you can walk, but really I just need to get out of shuffle mode and into walk mode and I’ll be happy. Developing a rash yesterday afternoon was a bit dismaying; please do not let it cause delays to my discharge I willed the doctors on their rounds this morning. It could be the first sign of a little Graft vs Host disease (GvHD) or it could be a reaction to all the various drugs I’m on. The antibiotics finish today and then there will be 24 hours of monitoring to make sure the temperature does not go above 37oC. All being well, Wednesday could be release day.... yippee !

4 comments:

  1. I'd better get the Christmas Cake made...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!

    *crosses fingers and toes about the rash*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Been away at the weekend, but caught up with you and glad you are excited. It must be feeling a bit closer now. Hope this little rash disapears!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I see they're into sorting waste where you are, so spots and pimples go in the black top bin, and temperatures above 37 go in the yellow top bin!
    Sorted!

    GvHD doesn't sound a bit like you, you're too hospitable and polite for this. Must be all the antibiotics and other drugs turning you into a wee spotty muldoon.

    ReplyDelete