Monday, November 9, 2009

Today started at 5 am. with a pounding headache. It seemed to be making sleep impossible so I decided to press for nurse. Francis came and took my temperature... it was 38.2 hence the headache. Some soluable paracetemol was gratefully recieved. When I woke again just before breakfast I was soaked in a feverish damp and had to change my top. But the rest of the morning progressed well and I felt bright enough to carry on with some more research and writing. And managed Tai Chi exercises after my shower. By late lunch I was whacked and so put on Jan Gabarek’s Rites and floated off into dreamland. Now I am staring at this screen and writing, one eye on the clock which tells me supper is barely 45mins away, and thinking I do not want to eat. While this other little voice in my head keeps urging me to have a go, knowing what the weight loss and muscle degeneration can be after something as major as this. Maybe I will just settle for a CalShake (fortified milk shake) this evening, they go down so easily compared with all the stinky savoury mush on offer here.

3 comments:

  1. Calshake sounds good.

    And it seems to know the right way to the exit.

    Love Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you have a better night tonight and your temperature goes down.

    Love Philip & Chris

    ReplyDelete
  3. Question - was your French donor menopausal by any chance???

    I think you should eat whatever you want, whenever you want, with a clear conscience. Works for me - I've no muscle degeneration (then again - not much muscle there anyway!), and definately no weight loss!!:)

    ps admitting to voices in head can interfere with an otherwise straightforward release date, when the time comes. I recommend denying all knowledge of the voices (at least till you're home)!

    Hope you have a better night tonight.
    VJ and family XX

    ReplyDelete