Monday, November 2, 2009



Well... all this waiting is beginning to get a bit of a bore. But I am reliably informed that the ‘counts’ are on the move. Yesterday the White Count was 0.04 and today was 0.11 (normal for me is about 7.5). Small beginnings I know, but something to build upon. Platelets were 15 today; ideally they should be over 100, so bumps and knocks are to be avoided.

They are trying to ween me off this psycho-tropic drug that has been given to me through a tube to the stomach muscles. Swapping to a slow release tablet. However, 30 minutes before the other anti-sickness tablets arrived, the inevitable happened... Have you ever been half way through a pee and suddenly had an urge to retch ? Interesting experience.
Didn’t know what to hold where.

But I think maybe the water is beginning to taste better.

8 comments:

  1. I guess we have to be grateful for 'small mercies'.
    Such as the water tasting better!
    One step at a time, even if it has to go backwards sometimes.
    Wish we could do some of this for you!

    H x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with the oral tablets. Hope it does the trick. Keep those white cells going up.

    Love Philip & Chris

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've started plotting les enfants in Excel. Looking forward to the next data point :)

    Love Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  4. This place needs a 'Thank You' button.

    So I can say thanks for keeping us lurkers updated. I'm being an invisible cheerleader over here on this side of the pond.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Rodger it's true that things come in sets of 3.
    You've had 3 "ups" today and 2 out of 3 were v good.
    White blood cells up :)....Happy cheering noise
    Platelets up :) ........Rapturous applause
    Dinner up :( ........... That "zoompfh zippy noise you get when you scrape the needle across a vinyl LP.
    Not nice having the "unavoidable meet the undigested" Shame about this bit. View as temporary setback. Look out for another v good "up", which isn't your dinner!

    Hazel asked me to pass on her best wishes. She was asking how you're doing and sends you a big hug too.
    VJ and family XX

    ReplyDelete
  6. On a straight line basis, that means you're 15 weeks away from normal count... do these things have an exponential element though? I'm sure they do!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sigmoidal, I'd guess :)

    (not going to be out-geeked by a nephew here...)

    Up is the important thing though!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope the good ups are still up and the bad ups are still down! Love Mary

    ReplyDelete